How to Get Ahead Over the Summer
With school less than a month away (for most), now is the perfect time for students to get ready for the next school year. Here at Schoolhouse, there are many ways to prepare for the upcoming year by refreshing your memory, getting ahead in the material, or just getting back to learning and thinking creatively. So, why would it help you to review now?
- Over the summer, you might have forgotten some of the tinier details of what you learned that you didn’t have as much practice with.
- It can help you to refine what you learned to be fully prepared for the next year.
- Learning the foundations for your upcoming courses could allow for a more gradual transition since you’re already exposed to the material.
- It can help you determine what you don’t understand about the upcoming material before you need to know it so you have ample time to get assistance.
Now that we have looked at the benefits of reviewing/peeking ahead at your school work, we can look at what you can do to take advantage of them!
One great way to get ahead is to attend tutoring sessions here at Schoolhouse! This allows you to interactively learn the material and ask questions as they come to you. Also, you will have access to amazing tutors who have taken the course before and can offer tips and tricks for the material to help you understand it better and solve problems faster. One recommendation is that most tutors will meet with you again to discuss questions, go further into the material, or even move on to harder topics if you simply ask them to!
Another great option for learning would be Khan Academy. I use this myself and find it to be an invaluable tool in learning material because of the thorough and explanative videos matched with numerous practice questions that focus on certain topics. You can do Khan Academy crash courses to help you in the units you struggle with then attend a Schoolhouse tutor’s Live Help session if you get stuck or make a request for a session with Schoolhouse tutors to help you!
There are many ways that you can prepare yourself for the upcoming school year - these are just some of my recommendations! There are other ways too, so remember that the best method is the one that works for you! As the saying goes, “Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance”!
Thank you Sharon V for editing this article!
- Free Online Math Tutor Sessions
- Finding a Math Tutor and Live Homework Help: How Schoolhouse is Different
- Why Is Calculus So Hard?
- How to Survive AP Calculus
- Do You Need College to be Successful?
- The Benefits of Becoming a Tutor
- How to Stop Procrastinating Right Now
- Easy Scholarships to Apply for in 2022
- SAT Math Practice Test Questions and FAQs
- Spotify Playlists for Studying