An Introduction To Coding
Hello world. Does this seem familiar? Well, “hello world” is the line that is most commonly used when beginning to learn how to code. Computer science (CS) is an in-depth field of technology. Learning how to code can be difficult at first, but with the right resources, you can master any computer programming languages you set out to.
What is CS?
Any website or application you use in your every-day life has code in the back-end. CS is the study of algorithms, softwares, models, mathematical computations, data analysis, and so much more.
What computer programming languages are commonly used?
To name a few of the popular computer programming languages:
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
What are tips for a beginner wanting to learn how to code?
Here are my 5 best tips for beginner coders who wish to program at an advanced level.
- Explore: First, I suggest you find which type of programming you are interested in the most. Whether that be web development, game development, or mobile app development, finding the type of programming that interests you will narrow down which computer programming language you will need to learn. Start off by exploring your favorite websites or most commonly used apps!
- Choose a computer programming language to master and practice:### Upon choosing a language that interests you, it is crucial to practice and learn the syntaxes and fundamental rules.
- Learn and Practice: There are plenty of online resources that you can use to learn the basics of code (ex: articles, textbooks, and tutorial videos). Here are a few great resources to help you get started:
- Schoolhouse World: Here at Schoolhouse World, tutors offer sessions and series in the field of CS. Simply, head to the "Learn" tab and click on "Experimental." Next, on the left-hand side, select the "Computer Science" from the "Topics" list. From this, you will be able to view and attend sessions and series of your choice!
- W3Schools: https://www.w3schools.com/, W3Schools is a website that includes in-depth tutorials, references, exercises, and videos on various computer programming languages.
- GeeksforGeeks: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/: GeeksforGeeks is a website that includes exercises and programs to practice your coding skills.
- Apply your knowledge: Once you become proficient in a computer programming language you can apply your knowledge. You can do so by creating your very own passion project. Through code, you can develop your own website on a topic you are interested in or create your own game.
- Have fun!: Coding is all about having fun while learning the intricacies of complex topics. When you encounter an error in your code, it is best to not be frustrated, but rather debug (check your code to recognize the error) the program. Oftentimes, the debugging process is one of the best ways to learn from your mistakes and gain an insight into problem-solving.
Now, you are ready to venture into the world of coding! Happy Coding!
Edited by Ishani B.
- Free Online Math Tutor Sessions
- Finding a Math Tutor and Live Homework Help: How Schoolhouse is Different
- Why Is Calculus So Hard?
- How to Survive AP Calculus
- Do You Need College to be Successful?
- The Benefits of Becoming a Tutor
- How to Stop Procrastinating Right Now
- Easy Scholarships to Apply for in 2022
- SAT Math Practice Test Questions and FAQs
- Spotify Playlists for Studying