Schoolhouse.world is a community of people around the world who want to grow and help each other grow. The goal of these guidelines is to help us create an environment where everyone can feel comfortable and find their place in this community.
- Show empathy and respect towards all community members. We have members from all over the world, of all ages, cultures and backgrounds. Let’s learn from each-other, and value the different perspectives we each bring to the table. Make sure your actions, your attitude, and your language are classroom appropriate and respectful of everyone present, both inside and outside of sessions.
- Maintain personal boundaries. It’s important that we each keep our personal boundaries so everyone stays safe and so that no one is singled out in a way that could make them uncomfortable. We’re here to connect around learning new things, so discussing or pursuing romantic involvement with other members of the community is not appropriate in this environment and will result in the suspension of your account.
- Keep communication on the platform. For everyone’s safety, it’s critical that you do not share your personal contact info (such as full name, email, phone number, or social media handles) with anyone. Schoolhouse.world has special measures in place to keep you safe as you interact with new people from around the world, and these other platforms may not.
- Don’t share session Zoom links. If you want to invite a friend to schoolhouse, have them sign up and register for the session. If you give them the Zoom link, both you and your friend will not be able to join the session. This is because everyone has a unique session link which allows us to prevent disruptive behavior and make sure everyone who joins a session is verified.
- Look for ways to help! Whether you’re a tutor or a learner, there are lots of big and little opportunities to support other members in the community—welcoming someone new, letting your tutor know that their slide isn’t showing the right thing, or giving your tutor some constructive feedback. At the end of the day, we’re all here to help each other out.
- Watch out for the community. If you come across behavior that makes you or someone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, immediately report it by looking for the flag icon or by going to schoolhouse.world/report. The safety team will keep your report confidential.
Your responsibility as a member of the Schoolhouse.world community is to help make the platform a safe place for everyone to learn. Any behavior that compromises this responsibility, whether it is explicitly mentioned above or not, is grounds for immediate removal of the platform.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].